Combining a scientific career with family can be a challenge at times, in particular for young scientists at the PhD and postdoc stages. To encourage young researchers, and to enable them to attend the T21RS Conference 2019, we would like to offer a limited number of childcare grants. The award can be used flexibly, for instance to cover the cost of childcare at home or to enable travel of the child to Barcelona.
- The award can be used flexibly, for instance to cover the cost of childcare at home or to enable travel of the child to Barcelona.
Childcare award $500
- Applicant must be a scientist/clinical investigator working in the field of Down syndrome. For the International Travel Awards T21RS members will be prioritized. For the Young Investigator Travel Awards, applicants must be T21RS members.
- Applicant must be registered for T21RS. Any funded applicant has to register for the conference by the early registration deadline (March 15, 2019).
- Applicants must be listed as presenting author on the original submission of a T21RS2019 abstract and the funded applicant must be the presenting author of the work.
- Applicant must pay all expenses of attending the conference up front, including conference registration fee, travel, accommodations and meals. Travel Fellowship funding will be provided as a reimbursement as a check mailed to the participant approximately 6-8 weeksafter the conference.
Eligible expenses toward travel fellowship funds include conference registration, transportation (air or land transportation from home region to conference city in economy class), hotel room, and occupancy tax. In order to receive the full-awarded amount, receipts for registration, transportation and hotel accommodations are required that equal or exceed the awarded amount. Conference registration fee is reimbursable at the early registration pricing only.
Applicants will be notified no later than May 7, 2019 of the funding status.
Funded applicants will be required to present evidence of their eligibility status to receive their funds, and must sign in with the Registration Desk to record their attendance. In all cases, funds will be mailed to funded applicants after the conference.
Application packages must be submitted in English and should include:
- Completed application form that includes:
- Brief statement by the applicant about his/her motivation to attend the meeting and his/her interest in the Down syndrome field (no more than 500 words) and the applicant’s research and career goals.
- Copy of the applicant’s abstract and registration confirmation for the T21RS2019 meeting.
- Applicant’s CV, including education, honors/awards, publications (abstracts and manuscripts)
5. Steps for submitting an application
- Complete your registation. Click here –> link
- On the confirmation letter you will find a link for the abstract portal. Submit your abstract.
- Once you have submitted correctly your abstract you will receive a confirmation email, with the link to the travel awards form and further guidance.
For further information please contact: Dr. Anita Bhattacharyya – firstname.lastname@example.org
In collaboration with: